Old 06-01-2008, 11:22 AM
"pw.marcus"

Default Chionic-1.0.1

Hello,

I'm on etch, I've finally managed to make a deb-pakage of this sampler
that I wanted to try, though it uses scons for building, i haven't been
able to build it.

I must confess I've used alien to convert a rpm package (shame !), but
it works and seems stable.

It'd be interresting to have it in the stable branch, so If you are
interested , i can send it to you.

Cheers

Marc

Old 06-09-2008, 02:37 PM
Daniel James

Hi Marc,

> I must confess I've used alien to convert a rpm package (shame !), but
> it works and seems stable.

As I understand it, Chionic is unmaintained; see this post from 2005:

http://music.columbia.edu/pipermail/linux-audio-dev/2005-April/011812.html

The homepage link I found for Chionic on apps.linuxaudio.org is dead. We
would take a look at it for possible inclusion in 64 Studio if it had a
new upstream maintainer.

How does it compare to Specimen, if you've tried that sampler? Or is it
more comparable to Qsampler?

Cheers!

Daniel