Old 05-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Susan Dridi

Default Next Release Date?

Hi Daniel,

Due to some stupidity on my part, I've got some packages out of sid that
have me out of whack, like the gcc compiler. Ooops! I discovered this
when my friend was trying to compile iTetris, which nobody packages, but
is the best version, or so he says:-)

Anyway, I was going to do a complete reinstall, and it looks like you
guys are close. I could just install 2.0 and then upgrade, or if it's
going to be soon, I could wait and then give you a report about doing
the install of 2.1 from DVD.

Cheers!

-Susan

Old 05-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Free Ekanayaka

Hi Susan,

|--==> Susan Dridi writes:

SD> Hi Daniel,
SD> Due to some stupidity on my part, I've got some packages out of sid that
SD> have me out of whack, like the gcc compiler. Ooops! I discovered this
SD> when my friend was trying to compile iTetris, which nobody packages, but
SD> is the best version, or so he says:-)

SD> Anyway, I was going to do a complete reinstall, and it looks like you
SD> guys are close. I could just install 2.0 and then upgrade, or if it's
SD> going to be soon, I could wait and then give you a report about doing
SD> the install of 2.1 from DVD.

I would suggest installing our master version:

http://cdd.64studio.com/etch/builds/

It is really close to the final 2.1, most probably only audacity will
change.

Ciao!

Free