Old 05-21-2008, 01:57 PM
"R.Wolff"

Default Icedove - Annoying stuff

Hi Daniel, Free,

I still continue to have annoying problems with Icedove.
I.e. when I hit the 'reply' button for any message, very often the mail editor
comes up empty instead of containing the text to which I want to reply.
And no matter what I try to include the text, it's a no go then. When this
happens, there are also other functions which don't respond anymore to user
input/requests.
Even restarting Icedove doesn't ensure the possibility to respond to the mail I
initially wanted to answer.

Another problem is when I'm downloading the mail headers first instead of the
complete mail; when I do so, I'm not sure to get all the headers firstly, and
secondly when I then ask Icedove to download the entire mail, header and mail
leave into cyberspace nirvana, meaning that there's neither of them left on my
PC then. They simply disappear.

Anybody else experiencing such strange things with Icedove (and possibly
Iceweasel as well!!!)?

Cheers
Raphael

Old 05-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Daniel James

Hi Raphael,

I'm not seeing these specific problems here, but there is an update for
icedove on security.debian.org that you might like to try.

http://packages.debian.org/etch/icedove

Cheers!

Daniel

Old 05-22-2008, 10:45 PM
"R.Wolff"

Cheers Daniel,
I'll download the latest Master CD later on and do another clean install/update
then. I've seen that Icedove v2.xx is finally in debian. Was about time I think.

Bye,
Raphael

Old 05-24-2008, 03:53 PM
"R.Wolff"

Cheers Daniel,

it most often happens when using kc's instead of mousing through the menus.
Didn't yet have the time to install the master DVD to see if it gets any better,
but I'll let you know.
And the behaviour isn't consistent anyway, so it's kind of difficult to exactly
tell where the error lies.

Bye,

Raphael