Old 05-18-2008, 01:37 AM
Robert Vogel

Default Vogel 64studio-upgrade ?

I have a Debian etch distribution running.

Is there any reason why I should not do this ?

64studio-upgrade

Would I get a new kernel ? Would it run Rosegarden without complaining
that the 'timer resolution is too low' ?

Bob

Old 05-18-2008, 06:05 AM
"Lee Revell"

Try "echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq"

Lee

Old 05-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Daniel James

Hi Bob,

> I have a Debian etch distribution running.
>
> Is there any reason why I should not do this ?
>
> 64studio-upgrade

Not having made a backup of all personal data, perhaps? :-)

> Would I get a new kernel ?

Yes, the RT kernel is one of our key ingredients.

> Would it run Rosegarden without complaining
> that the 'timer resolution is too low' ?

The fix that Lee posted should work, but because Rosegarden is JACK
based you really should be using it with an RT kernel anyway.

Cheers!

Daniel

Old 05-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Daniel James