FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > 64 Studio > 64 Studio Developer

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-16-2008, 10:54 AM
"64 Studio"
 
Default #423: Audacity 1.3.5 is unusable

#423: Audacity 1.3.5 is unusable
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
Reporter: daniel@64studio.com | Owner: free
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: highest | Milestone: 2.1
Component: packages | Version:
Severity: normal | Keywords:
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
Defaults to 8000Hz each time a new track is recorded, also exports WAVs at
8000Hz. Problems connecting to JACK as well.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.64studio.com/64studio/ticket/423>
64 Studio <>
_______________________________________________
64studio-devel mailing list
64studio-devel@64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-devel
 
Old 05-20-2008, 09:33 AM
"64 Studio"
 
Default #423: Audacity 1.3.5 is unusable

#423: Audacity 1.3.5 is unusable
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
Reporter: daniel@64studio.com | Owner: free
Type: defect | Status: closed
Priority: highest | Milestone: 2.1
Component: packages | Version:
Severity: normal | Resolution: fixed
Keywords: |
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
Changes (by free@64studio.com):

* status: new => closed
* resolution: => fixed

Comment:

It should be fixed in version 1.3.5-2~etch1, now in the testing repo.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.64studio.com/64studio/ticket/423#comment:1>
64 Studio <>
_______________________________________________
64studio-devel mailing list
64studio-devel@64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-devel
 
Old 05-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Daniel James
 
Default #423: Audacity 1.3.5 is unusable

Hi Free,

> It should be fixed in version 1.3.5-2~etch1, now in the testing repo.

Yes, sample rate now works correctly - thanks!

I wasn't able to get Audacity to crash Jack, but it can no longer
connect to Jack either:

daniel@64studio:~$ audacity
Expression 'parameters->channelCount <= maxChans' failed in
'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 924
Expression 'ValidateParameters( outputParameters, hostApi,
StreamDirection_Out )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c',
line: 1142

The problem was also reported here: http://64studio.com/node/483

Without Jack running, it seems to work fine. Also, as Pablo noted in the
forum post, we seem to have lost the timestretching feature recently.
Perhaps we are no longer building against libsoundtouch.

There's a GUI error shown in the terminal too:

** (audacity:7648): CRITICAL **: clearlooks_style_draw_focus: assertion
`height >= -1' failed

Shall I take these three issues upstream before we finalise the 2.1 release?

Cheers!

Daniel

_______________________________________________
64studio-devel mailing list
64studio-devel@64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-devel
 
Old 05-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Free Ekanayaka
 
Default #423: Audacity 1.3.5 is unusable

Hi Daniel,

On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 11:34 +0100, Daniel James wrote:
> Hi Free,
>
> > It should be fixed in version 1.3.5-2~etch1, now in the testing repo.
>
> Yes, sample rate now works correctly - thanks!
>
Thanks for testing

> I wasn't able to get Audacity to crash Jack, but it can no longer
> connect to Jack either:
>
> daniel@64studio:~$ audacity
> Expression 'parameters->channelCount <= maxChans' failed in
> 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 924
> Expression 'ValidateParameters( outputParameters, hostApi,
> StreamDirection_Out )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c',
> line: 1142
>
That's strange, I can't reproduce it on Indamixx, same source package
but different build (against hardy). It works fine with jack, I'll
test it on 64 Studio as well.

> Without Jack running, it seems to work fine. Also, as Pablo noted in the
> forum post, we seem to have lost the timestretching feature recently.
> Perhaps we are no longer building against libsoundtouch.
>
It could be, I'll check that.

> There's a GUI error shown in the terminal too:
>
> ** (audacity:7648): CRITICAL **: clearlooks_style_draw_focus: assertion
> `height >= -1' failed
>
> Shall I take these three issues upstream before we finalise the 2.1 release?
>
Let's check them ourselves first, it might be some configuration
tuning.

Ciao!

Free


_______________________________________________
64studio-devel mailing list
64studio-devel@64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-devel
 
Old 05-22-2008, 09:06 AM
Daniel James
 
Default #423: Audacity 1.3.5 is unusable

Hi Free,

>> daniel@64studio:~$ audacity
>> Expression 'parameters->channelCount <= maxChans' failed in
>> 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 924
>> Expression 'ValidateParameters( outputParameters, hostApi,
>> StreamDirection_Out )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c',
>> line: 1142
>>
> That's strange, I can't reproduce it on Indamixx, same source package
> but different build (against hardy).

Me neither, it works well enough on Indamixx to record from Hydrogen and
there are no error messages in the console. However if Audacity is
closed after making a recording via jack, then Audacity kills jackd. If
you open and close Audacity without making any connections to jack, then
it doesn't kill jackd.

> I'll
> test it on 64 Studio as well.

I'll do that too, on a clean install. It's possible there is something
screwy with my development machine.

Cheers!

Daniel

_______________________________________________
64studio-devel mailing list
64studio-devel@64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:48 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org