Old 05-15-2008, 05:37 PM
"R.Wolff"

Default Prevent PC monitors from turning black after 5 minutes

Hi,
I have a rather annoying problem with 64 Studio.
After 5 minutes of no mouse or keyboard input, my 2 screens turn black.
This doesn't really mean that the PC is idling, because when I want to watch a
movie/film or listen to a CD it also happens. On music listening this wouldn't
disturb me, but for watching vids, I have to constantly move the mouse a little
for preventing this behaviour. Doesn't make for a relaxed show.
I have already disabled/uninstalled all power-saving features (ACPI, APM,
power-manager, etc.) but still it happens. Someone please help me find the right
command or script to modify.

TIA
Raphael

Old 05-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Marco Milanesi

> I have a rather annoying problem with 64 Studio.
> After 5 minutes of no mouse or keyboard input, my 2 screens turn black.
> This doesn't really mean that the PC is idling, because when I want to watch a
> movie/film or listen to a CD it also happens. On music listening this wouldn't
> disturb me, but for watching vids, I have to constantly move the mouse a little
> for preventing this behaviour. Doesn't make for a relaxed show.
> I have already disabled/uninstalled all power-saving features (ACPI, APM,
> power-manager, etc.) but still it happens. Someone please help me find the
> right
> command or script to modify.

try xset s noblank
xset -dpms