-   64 Studio Developer (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-developer/)
-   -   Prevent PC monitors from turning black after 5 minutes (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-developer/88776-prevent-pc-monitors-turning-black-after-5-minutes.html)

"R.Wolff" 05-15-2008 05:37 PM

Prevent PC monitors from turning black after 5 minutes

Hi,
I have a rather annoying problem with 64 Studio.
After 5 minutes of no mouse or keyboard input, my 2 screens turn black.
This doesn't really mean that the PC is idling, because when I want to watch a
movie/film or listen to a CD it also happens. On music listening this wouldn't
disturb me, but for watching vids, I have to constantly move the mouse a little
for preventing this behaviour. Doesn't make for a relaxed show.
I have already disabled/uninstalled all power-saving features (ACPI, APM,
power-manager, etc.) but still it happens. Someone please help me find the right
command or script to modify.

TIA
Raphael ;)

Marco Milanesi 05-15-2008 05:59 PM

Prevent PC monitors from turning black after 5 minutes

> I have a rather annoying problem with 64 Studio.
> After 5 minutes of no mouse or keyboard input, my 2 screens turn black.
> This doesn't really mean that the PC is idling, because when I want to watch a
> movie/film or listen to a CD it also happens. On music listening this wouldn't
> disturb me, but for watching vids, I have to constantly move the mouse a little
> for preventing this behaviour. Doesn't make for a relaxed show.
> I have already disabled/uninstalled all power-saving features (ACPI, APM,
> power-manager, etc.) but still it happens. Someone please help me find the
> right
> command or script to modify.

try xset s noblank
xset -dpms