Old 05-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Quentin Harley

Default Audacity kills jack on start

http://www.64studio.com/node/562

I believe audacity is forcibly taking resources from jack. Audacity is
happy if the default sound device and the jack device is not the same
card. You can then use jack.

Is this a bug? Of course it is!

Cheers,
Quentin

Old 05-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Daniel James

Hi Quentin,

> I believe audacity is forcibly taking resources from jack. Audacity is
> happy if the default sound device and the jack device is not the same
> card. You can then use jack.

We've noticed problems with Audacity 1.3.4 beta and the Intel HDA
chipset on Indamixx, but 1.3.3 was generally OK. We're going to take a
look at the 1.3.5 release.

Cheers!

Daniel

Old 05-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Daniel James

Hi Quentin,

> We've noticed problems with Audacity 1.3.4 beta and the Intel HDA
> chipset on Indamixx, but 1.3.3 was generally OK. We're going to take a
> look at the 1.3.5 release.

I think 1.3.5 is actually worse from our point of view. I can't get it
to connect to JACK at all here.

Cheers!

Daniel