-   64 Studio Developer (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-developer/)
-   -   Fwd: Anyone still on these lists? (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-developer/634070-fwd-anyone-still-these-lists.html)

Quentin Harley 02-16-2012 07:47 PM

Fwd: Anyone still on these lists?

Hello to all historical 64 studio users
After a very long time of waiting, eventually giving up and distro-hopping I decided to give OpenDAW (64studio 4) another go. *I was tired of almost getting what I wanted in terms of audio performance, and my*ageing*system was not making it any easier for me to get it right.

Would any-one be interested in a small write-up of how I got my fabled 64-studio experience back?
Cheers,Quentin

Andy Farnell 02-16-2012 07:53 PM

Fwd: Anyone still on these lists?

Yes please Quentin. Good to hear from you.

I still have a 64 rig, but is rarely used now.

Maybe I just want to hear happy story, or something
inspirational from another linux audio user.

My focus lately has been at the opposite from high
end, playing with minimal distros based on squeeze
and waiting for my Raspberry Pi boards to arrive!

Are you making music at the moment?

Hope you are all keeping well

Andy Farnell

Jonathan Leonard 02-16-2012 08:01 PM

Fwd: Anyone still on these lists?

Certainly!

Folderol 02-16-2012 09:01 PM

Fwd: Anyone still on these lists?

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 22:47:47 +0200
Quentin Harley <quentin@64studio.com> wrote:

> Hello to all historical 64 studio users
>
> After a very long time of waiting, eventually giving up and distro-hopping
> I decided to give OpenDAW (64studio 4) another go. I was tired of almost
> getting what I wanted in terms of audio performance, and my ageing system
> was not making it any easier for me to get it right.
>
> Would any-one be interested in a small write-up of how I got my fabled
> 64-studio experience back?
>
> Cheers,
> Quentin

Nice to see you on here again :)

I'd be very interested.

I've been meaning to have another go at this myself, but having a fairly
minimal system that 'mostly' works as I want it I've been reluctant to upset it!

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk

Michael Alexander 02-16-2012 09:08 PM

Fwd: Anyone still on these lists?

Oh... Glad to see someone still around. I'd given up 64 Studio as dead.

Mike @ Sonicfrog.net

Leonardo Palomares 02-16-2012 09:15 PM

Fwd: Anyone still on these lists?

After a very long time of waiting, eventually giving up and distro-hopping I decided to give OpenDAW (64studio 4) another go. *I was tired of almost getting what I wanted in terms of audio performance, and my*ageing*system was not making it any easier for me to get it right.

Would any-one be interested in a small write-up of how I got my fabled 64-studio experience back?
Cheers,Quentin

I'd like to read about it.Leo

"Susan J. Dridi" 02-16-2012 09:33 PM

Fwd: Anyone still on these lists?

After a very long time of waiting, eventually giving up and distro-hopping
I decided to give OpenDAW (64studio 4) another go. I was tired of almost
getting what I wanted in terms of audio performance, and my ageing system
was not making it any easier for me to get it right.

Would any-one be interested in a small write-up of how I got my fabled
64-studio experience back?

Cheers,
Quentin

Hi Quentin,

A write up would be great.

I also went distro hopping, was using Ubuntu Studio 10.10, but after the
upgrade to 11.10 (I put off the previous upgrade, too much trouble to
bother with), I went back to Debian. I like Debian, but it took me a
while to figure out how to get my firewire sound card to work with JACK,
and I'm still not sure what I did to make it happen!

Cheers!

-Susan

Michael Alexander 02-16-2012 09:46 PM

Fwd: Anyone still on these lists?

Quinten.... What I would love...* Is to get the wallpapers from DeMuDi ported into the newest audio distro.* There are by far my favorites!!!!** (and yes, i go back that far)

Mike "Sonicfrog" Alexander

Diego Simak 02-16-2012 10:19 PM

Fwd: Anyone still on these lists?

Hi, I will be certainly interested!
Is very good to hear 64 studio news on the road again.

Thank you.
Diego