Old 02-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Sanyaade Adekoya

Default Fwd: Anyone still on these lists?

Hi Quentin,

I will be very interested too

May be we could port to BeagleBoard, Panda and i.MX35xx

God blesses!!!

Best regards,
Sanyaade

On 16 February 2012 20:47, Quentin Harley <quentin@64studio.com> wrote:

Hello to all historical 64 studio users
After a very long time of waiting, eventually giving up and distro-hopping I decided to give OpenDAW (64studio 4) another go. *I was tired of almost getting what I wanted in terms of audio performance, and my*ageing*system was not making it any easier for me to get it right.

Would any-one be interested in a small write-up of how I got my fabled 64-studio experience back?
Cheers,Quentin

Old 02-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Daniel James

Hi Michael,

> What I would love... Is to get the wallpapers from DeMuDi
> ported into the newest audio distro. There are by far my
> favorites!!!!

Those wallpapers were made by Emillo, you can get them here:

http://www.emillo.net/sfondi

Cheers!

Daniel

Old 02-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Daniel James

Hi Mike,

> my only problem is the
> way that nothing was said to the large community of supporters that it
> was not going to be developed any longer, as a matter of fact, that is
> *still* *not* *being* *made* *clear*!

The presentation at LAC last year had quite a lot of details:

http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2011/papers/42.pdf

The main challenge for us has been making maintenance of a community
distro sustainable. We continue to use the OpenDAW base for commercial
products, but not as much of that work as I'd like feeds back into the
community distro.

If you have ideas about how we could manage a community development
process (something we've never really had much of), I would be very
interested to hear them. Some of the larger distros have a full-time
community manager post, but we're not in a position to have that.

Cheers!

Daniel