Old 02-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Malte Steiner

Default libfftw3-dev

Hello,

recent update to Ardour 2.3 from the repos removed some fftw dev libs
and replaced it with libfftw3. Would love to have libfftw3-dev available
too or did I miss a memo?

Cheers,

Malte
--
Malte Steiner
media art + development

next event:
29.feb Notstandskomitee live at Linux Audio Conference Cologne, Germany

Old 02-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Free Ekanayaka

|--==> Malte Steiner writes:

MS> Hello,
MS> recent update to Ardour 2.3 from the repos removed some fftw dev libs
MS> and replaced it with libfftw3. Would love to have libfftw3-dev available
MS> too or did I miss a memo?

It's not in the testing repo, but you can find it at:

deb http://apt.64studio.com/backports etch-backports main

along with all other -dev packages not included in the main repository.

Ciao,

Free

Old 02-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Daniel James

Hi Free,

> It's not in the testing repo, but you can find it at:
>
> deb http://apt.64studio.com/backports etch-backports main
>
> along with all other -dev packages not included in the main repository.

Now we're on DVD and we don't have the size restriction, what do you
think about putting these packages in the main repo? We can then make a
decision about whether or not to include them in the default install.

Cheers!

Daniel

Old 02-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Free Ekanayaka

|--==> Daniel James writes:

DJ> Hi Free,
>>It's not in the testing repo, but you can find it at:
>>
>>deb http://apt.64studio.com/backports etch-backports main
>>
>>along with all other -dev packages not included in the main repository.

DJ> Now we're on DVD and we don't have the size restriction, what do you
DJ> think about putting these packages in the main repo? We can then make
DJ> a decision about whether or not to include them in the default
DJ> install.

We could do that, but I'd prefer to avoid it because of the many
dependences the -dev packages pull in. Maybe we can put them in a
separate ISO.

Ciao,

Free