Old 01-31-2008, 01:07 PM
Free Ekanayaka

Default gnome-mount and USB sticks

|--==> Daniel James writes:

DJ> Hi all,
DJ> After the latest update on the testing branch, I found that I could no
DJ> longer umount USB memory sticks by right-clicking on them. There was an
DJ> error dialogue saying:

DJ> cannot open /media/.hal-mtab

DJ> Removing the gnome-mount package seems to have fixed it, as mentioned here:

DJ> http://lists.debian.org/debian-italian/2007/05/msg00902.html

DJ> Presumably there was some overlap in functionality with a newer package.

Are USB keys and CDROMs still correctly auto-mounted and displayed on
the desktop? Please would you also test if other volumes (partitions)
on the disk are correctly shown and if you can mount them by double
clicking?

Ciao!

Free

Old 01-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Daniel James

Hi Free,

> Are USB keys and CDROMs still correctly auto-mounted and displayed on
> the desktop?

Yes, the functionality in gnome-mount must be duplicated in another package.

> Please would you also test if other volumes (partitions)
> on the disk are correctly shown and if you can mount them by double
> clicking?

I've got an icon on the desktop for /dev/hda3 which is listed as
user,noauto in /etc/fstab and mounted under /mnt. I can see it under the
'Computer' icon, right click to mount it, browse it using Nautilus,
right-click to unmount it. All without having gnome-mount installed :-)

Cheers!

Daniel

Old 01-31-2008, 02:59 PM
Free Ekanayaka

|--==> Daniel James writes:

DJ> Hi Free,
>>Are USB keys and CDROMs still correctly auto-mounted and displayed on
>>the desktop?

DJ> Yes, the functionality in gnome-mount must be duplicated in another package.

>>Please would you also test if other volumes (partitions)
>>on the disk are correctly shown and if you can mount them by double
>>clicking?

DJ> I've got an icon on the desktop for /dev/hda3 which is listed as
DJ> user,noauto in /etc/fstab and mounted under /mnt. I can see it under
DJ> the 'Computer' icon, right click to mount it, browse it using
DJ> Nautilus, right-click to unmount it. All without having gnome-mount
DJ> installed :-)

Well, one package less then

Free