-   64 Studio Developer (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-developer/)
-   -   Paper: OSS-QM: Normalized sourcecode repositories (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-developer/428261-paper-oss-qm-normalized-sourcecode-repositories.html)

Daniel James 09-17-2010 12:04 PM

Paper: OSS-QM: Normalized sourcecode repositories

Hi Enrico,

>> Free already developed a tool for doing this, which we
>> call Backporter:
>>
>> http://trac.64studio.com/backporter/
>
> does it also use a sysroot'ed crosscompiler ?

The actual building is done by rebuildd:

http://julien.danjou.info/rebuildd.html

and cowbuilder, part of cowdancer:

http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/software/cowdancer.html

It uses a clean chroot, but as for cross-compiling we only do i386 and
amd64 on amd64 servers. I've no idea if it's a valid approach for other
architectures, but I suspect it could be made to work.

Cheers!

Daniel