Old 09-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Daniel James

Default Paper: OSS-QM: Normalized sourcecode repositories

Hi Enrico,

> I've written another paper on how the normalized source code
> repository and automatic importing (from upstream and distros)
> works:
>
> http://www.metux.de/download/oss-qm/normalized_repository.pdf

Thanks for that! Regarding automated packaging in isolated build
environments, Free already developed a tool for doing this, which we
call Backporter:

http://trac.64studio.com/backporter/

It's recently been updated to work on an Ubuntu Lucid server, please
take a look in the git repo for the latest version:

http://git.64studio.com/?p=backporter.git;a=summary

It works very well, although it's a little complicated to set up the
complete system with rebuildd and reprepro. So I've written a crib
sheet, which you can find here:

http://trac.64studio.com/backporter/wiki/BackporterInstallation

Cheers!

Daniel

Old 09-17-2010, 06:46 AM
Enrico Weigelt

* Daniel James <daniel@64studio.com> schrieb:

Hi,

> Thanks for that! Regarding automated packaging in isolated build
> environments, Free already developed a tool for doing this, which we
> call Backporter:
>
> http://trac.64studio.com/backporter/

does it also use a sysroot'ed crosscompiler ?

cu

phone: +49 36207 519931 email: weigelt@metux.de
mobile: +49 151 27565287 icq: 210169427 skype: nekrad666