Old 07-12-2010, 07:23 AM
Brian Redfern

Default /me tapping mic... is this thing on??

I wound up rolling my own thing that's tuned for atom processors, I based it off of lubuntu, so lxde is the desktop. But its 32 bit because I'm shooting for atom processors. The stock rt kernel for ubuntu seems to run fine on 32 bit. With all the non audio services turned off and rt kernel and rtirq it runs really low latency on my eeepc netbook.

I'm able to run the latest versions of ardour and hydrogen. The machine is an atom processor and runs a 30 gig solid state drive with only 1 gig of ram.

I've run 64studio for regular desktop pcs but have had an easier time running the most recent versions of ubuntu on netbooks. But I found netbook remix to be pretty useless because it takes too many resources to run the ui, I found lxde is great for maximizing resources to put to use for audio.