-   64 Studio Developer (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-developer/)
-   -   File browsers and desktop environment for 3.3 α (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-developer/371380-file-browsers-desktop-environment-3-3-i.html)

Ralf Mardorf 05-15-2010 09:43 AM

File browsers and desktop environment for 3.3 α

So far I didn't know that Nautilus has an option '--no-desktop', running
Nautilus with this option seems to stop changing e.g. the panel
settings, when running Nautilus on another DE, but GNOME.

It's strange that when using PCManFM unmounted devices can be accessed
by any user, no root password is required. It's ok for me, but I guess
it's a bad default setting.

You developers should conduct a poll, asking the forum and users mailing
list, what desktop environment they do wish.

Ralf