Old 03-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Michael Jarosch

Default Yet another beta3-report

Hello!

I just installed 64studio_3.0_beta3_amd64 on my machine. It works good
till now, but I haven't made any multimedia-related stuff, yet. I just
wanted to make another installation-report and give my 50 Cents to some
configurations. Maybe some issues were already spoken on that list. I'm
afraid, I can't read all the emails to verify that I'm not doubling
something. Sorry for this.

First thing I want to report is, that the language-environment of my
basic installation wasn't really german, although I wanted the installer
to download it. Gnome was partly english (in fact more english than
german) and gdm was just english. I downloaded the following packages to
get a full german linux-experience :

* language-pack-de
* language-pack-gnome-de
* spell
* hunspell
* aspell-de
* ingerman
* wngerman
* gimp-help-de
* thunderbird -locale-de

Unfortunately the package langage-support-de forces aptitude to install
openoffice.org. "Unfortunately", because it would be much easier to
activate one package to install them all. Maybe some
64studio-language-metapackages to get a workaround?

In both variations of 64Studio (i386 and amd64) I get a kernel-message
saying

error: "kernel.maps_protect" is an unknown key.

I just don't know what that means. I also haven't found strange
behaviour because of this. Maybe this is nothing serious...

At the end, a question: Saying, my username is called "mitsch" -
shouldn't I also be in the group "mitsch" by default? The file
/etc/group list no user behind this group.