Old 03-07-2009, 09:27 AM
dave

Default package-maintainers starter

Hi All,

Ref: [64studio-users]
3.0 beta... a bit disappointing (getting more optimistic ; ) )
06/03/09 10:31
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Daniel wrote:

The main problem with that is that there aren't enough people
maintaining new multimedia packages for Debian, which also means that
Ubuntu and other Debian-based distros don't have them.

Also: keeping the install media below 700MB.

I'm thinking seriously about this, particular for users with older
computers, or in countries where DVD drives are relatively scarce and
expensive.

Cheers!

Daniel
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks everyone for the great response :-)

Here's the links we have so far:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia

Subscribe to:

Print out the pdf of this:

http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/

More links:

http://www.debian.org/devel/

http://www.pathname.com/fhs/

http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=817&p=3857#p3857

https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA

Cheers!
dave.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Jarom√≠r MikeŇ°

Hi all,

I am a bit confused ... there are two mailing lists for multimedia maintainers?

http://lists.debian.org/debian-multimedia/

Cheers

mira

Old 03-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Grammostola Rosea

Jarom√*r MikeŇ° wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a bit confused ... there are two mailing lists for multimedia maintainers?

> http://lists.debian.org/debian-multimedia/

I think two team have emerged. So this is their new mailinglist:

Old 03-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Grammostola Rosea

dave wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Ref: [64studio-users]
> 3.0 beta... a bit disappointing (getting more optimistic ; ) )
> 06/03/09 10:31
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> Daniel wrote:
>
> The main problem with that is that there aren't enough people
> maintaining new multimedia packages for Debian, which also means that
> Ubuntu and other Debian-based distros don't have them.
>
> Also: keeping the install media below 700MB.
>
> I'm thinking seriously about this, particular for users with older
> computers, or in countries where DVD drives are relatively scarce and
> expensive.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Daniel
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>

> Thanks everyone for the great response :-)
>
> Here's the links we have so far:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia
>
> Subscribe to:

> Print out the pdf of this:
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/
>
> More links:
>
> http://www.debian.org/devel/
>
> http://www.pathname.com/fhs/
>
> http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=817&p=3857#p3857
>
> https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA

There are a lot packages which are not in Debian/ Ubuntu right now, so
please join!
If you don't want to package (which I can't imagine ) you could
report bugs and wishes to The Debian Multimedia Team:

http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=817&sid=4d5850d2f280904b51cfe a41bd431a04
http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=827&sid=4d5850d2f280904b51cfe a41bd431a04

Thanks in advance,

Old 03-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Grammostola Rosea

Old 03-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Dave Robinson

Grammostola Rosea wrote:

> dave wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Ref: [64studio-users]
>> 3.0 beta... a bit disappointing (getting more optimistic ; ) )
>> 06/03/09 10:31
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> Daniel wrote:
>>
>> The main problem with that is that there aren't enough people
>> maintaining new multimedia packages for Debian, which also means that
>> Ubuntu and other Debian-based distros don't have them.
>>
>> Also: keeping the install media below 700MB.
>>
>> I'm thinking seriously about this, particular for users with older
>> computers, or in countries where DVD drives are relatively scarce and
>> expensive.
>>
>> Cheers!
>>
>> Daniel
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>>

>> Thanks everyone for the great response :-)
>>
>> Here's the links we have so far:
>>
>> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia
>>
>> Subscribe to:

>> Print out the pdf of this:
>>
>> http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/
>>
>> More links:
>>
>> http://www.debian.org/devel/
>>
>> http://www.pathname.com/fhs/
>>
>> http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=817&p=3857#p3857
>>
>> https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA
>>

> There are a lot packages which are not in Debian/ Ubuntu right now, so
> please join!
> If you don't want to package (which I can't imagine ) you could
> report bugs and wishes to The Debian Multimedia Team:
>
> http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=817&sid=4d5850d2f280904b51cfe a41bd431a04
> http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=827&sid=4d5850d2f280904b51cfe a41bd431a04
>

> Thanks in advance,

Hi Rosea,