Old 03-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Jaromír Mikeš

Default 3.0 beta3 report

Hi,

just installed beta3 on my second machine (notebook Asus).
Audio with jack seems be improved a lot here with tweaking in file /etc/modprobe.d/hda-intel position_fix=2.
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
Jack settings now(beta3):
/usr/bin/jackd -R -p512 -t1000 -dalsa -r44100 -p64 -n3 -D -Chw:0 -Phw:0
before(beta2):
/usr/bin/jackd -R -p512 -t1000 -dalsa -r44100 -p256 -n3 -D -Chw:0 -Phw:0
(same session without xruns)

During installation I set boath my partition "/" and "/home" to "noatime" don't know if this could help.
BTW: Is there advantage of "noatime" for audio?

I tried mount my ntfs partition directly by partitioner (mount point /windows), but I got message that it is impossible to mount.
Actually I don't need it I can mount ntfs partitions easily later from desktop I was just curious how it works.

except this flawless install ;-)

Problem with synaptic error message seems to be solved here ...
E: linux-image-2.6.29-1-multimedia-686: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 128

Wireless not working with 2.6.29 (PRO/Wireless 2915ABG) working fine with 2.6.26.

Two [fail] messages during boot-up:
error: "kernel.maps-protect" is unknown key [fail]
setting sensors limits [fail]

Cheers

mira

Old 03-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Jaromír Mikeš

boath=both

Old 03-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Gustin Johnson

Old 03-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Jaromír Mikeš

Hi Gustin,

< > Wireless not working with 2.6.29 (PRO/Wireless 2915ABG) working fine
< > with 2.6.26.
< >
< Does iwconfig show any wireless devices?

$ iwconfig
lo no wireless extensions.

eth0 no wireless extensions.

eth1 unassociated ESSIDff/any
Mode:Managed Channel=0 Access Point: Not-Associated
Bit Rate:0 kb/s Tx-Power=20 dBm Sensitivity=8/0
Retry limit:7 RTS thrff Fragment thrff
Power Managementff
Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:0

< How about
< lsmod |grep 80211

$ lsmod |grep 80211
lib80211 5880 2 ipw2200,libipw

< It is possible the firmware is missing, it is normally in /lib/firmware
< or /lib/firmware/<kernel name>

Yes, there was not firmware in /lib/firmware I copied it there and my Wifi working now with kernel 2.6.26 but not with 2.6.29

Cheers

mira

Old 03-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Susan Dridi

ontoerekeningsvatbaar@gmail.com wrote:
> I had a problem as well where the network-applet wasn't detecting wireless
> interfaces correctly (listed them as wired). Haven't tested it with older
> kernels but with wicd network manager (which replaces the default applet) i
> got them working including the listing of access points. Maybe you can give
> that a try?
>
> deb http://apt.wicd.net hardy extras
> wget -q http://apt.wicd.net/wicd.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
> sudo apt-get install wicd
>
> restart the session after installing.

Don't know how one might get this, but my friend was very impressed with
a package called Ceni, which one of the Sidux developers wrote in Perl.
I don't think it's in any other distro. My friend thought it was the
best network detection package out there.

Cheers!

-Susan

Old 03-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Jaromír Mikeš

<
< deb http://apt.wicd.net hardy extras
< wget -q http://apt.wicd.net/wicd.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
< sudo apt-get install wicd
<
< restart the session after installing.

Hi,

this working perfectly for me :-D

Thanks all for trying help

Cheers

mira

Old 03-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Grammostola Rosea

Jarom*r Mikeš wrote:
> < I had a problem as well where the network-applet wasn't detecting wireless
> < interfaces correctly (listed them as wired). Haven't tested it with older
> < kernels but with wicd network manager (which replaces the default applet) i
> < got them working including the listing of access points. Maybe you can give
> < that a try?
> <
> < deb http://apt.wicd.net hardy extras
> < wget -q http://apt.wicd.net/wicd.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
> < sudo apt-get install wicd
> <
> < restart the session after installing.

Can I download the ubuntu hardy package of wicd manually with wget or
something?

Old 03-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Jaromír Mikeš

< ------------ Původn* zpráva ------------
< Od: Grammostola Rosea <rosea.grammostola@gmail.com>
< Předmět: Re: [64studio-devel] 3.0 beta3 report
< Datum: 08.3.2009 16:19:23
< ----------------------------------------
< > < I had a problem as well where the network-applet wasn't detecting wireless
< > < interfaces correctly (listed them as wired). Haven't tested it with older
< > < kernels but with wicd network manager (which replaces the default applet)
< i
< > < got them working including the listing of access points. Maybe you can
< give
< > < that a try?
< > <
< > < deb http://apt.wicd.net hardy extras
< > < wget -q http://apt.wicd.net/wicd.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
< > < sudo apt-get install wicd
< > <
< > < restart the session after installing.
< >
< >
< Can I download the ubuntu hardy package of wicd manually with wget or
< something?
<

I followed this how-to http://wicd.net/download.php works fine

mira

Old 03-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Grammostola Rosea

Jarom*r Mikeš wrote:
> < ------------ Původn* zpráva ------------
> < Od: Grammostola Rosea <rosea.grammostola@gmail.com>
> < Předmět: Re: [64studio-devel] 3.0 beta3 report
> < Datum: 08.3.2009 16:19:23
> < ----------------------------------------
> < > < I had a problem as well where the network-applet wasn't detecting wireless
> < > < interfaces correctly (listed them as wired). Haven't tested it with older
> < > < kernels but with wicd network manager (which replaces the default applet)
> < i
> < > < got them working including the listing of access points. Maybe you can
> < give
> < > < that a try?
> < > <
> < > < deb http://apt.wicd.net hardy extras
> < > < wget -q http://apt.wicd.net/wicd.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
> < > < sudo apt-get install wicd
> < > <
> < > < restart the session after installing.
> < >
> < >
> < Can I download the ubuntu hardy package of wicd manually with wget or
> < something?
> <
>
> I followed this how-to http://wicd.net/download.php works fine

Its a bit hard to download it that way without internet connection. So I
like to download the package on Debian and then install it in 64studio.