Old 01-16-2009, 03:12 AM
dave

Default 64studio.com forum page modifications

Hi,

I really miss the Recent Posts on the 64studio.com site.

Could we have a Recent Posts/Active Posts "link" on the forum page instead?

A few more user friendly modifications would also be very nice,
e.g. Some statistics at the bottom of the page about the most recent
user to register on the forum,

who is online at the present time etc.,

A General Linux section would also be good. Newcomers to Linux from
other OS's might find the jump straight
into the linux audio world a bit strange as the terminology of linux
audio can be sometimes quite overwhelming,
some nice general linux introductions & linux HowTo's would be a great
welcome to our 64 studio world.

There are other features I would like to see on the forum page, but the
ones above would be a great start.

The first one most of all.

Cheers!
dave.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Daniel James

Hi Dave,

I really miss the Recent Posts on the 64studio.com site.

Could we have a Recent Posts/Active Posts "link" on the forum page instead?

Here you go:

http://www.64studio.com/forum

A few more user friendly modifications would also be very nice,
e.g. Some statistics at the bottom of the page about the most recent
user to register on the forum,

who is online at the present time etc.,

Good idea, I've added those.

A General Linux section would also be good. Newcomers to Linux from
other OS's might find the jump straight
into the linux audio world a bit strange as the terminology of linux
audio can be sometimes quite overwhelming,
some nice general linux introductions & linux HowTo's would be a great
welcome to our 64 studio world.

The idea was to do this with an online manual, but I'm also writing a
printed manual for Apress:

http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430218878

It's due out in mid 2009.

Cheers!

Daniel

Old 01-16-2009, 11:07 AM
dave

Hi Daniel,

Daniel James wrote:

Hi Dave,

I really miss the Recent Posts on the 64studio.com site.

Could we have a Recent Posts/Active Posts "link" on the forum page
instead?

Here you go:

http://www.64studio.com/forum

WoW! Daniel Thanks!... The changes were happening as I was on the forum.
Very nice indeed :-)

A few more user friendly modifications would also be very nice,
e.g. Some statistics at the bottom of the page about the most recent
user to register on the forum,

who is online at the present time etc.,

Good idea, I've added those.

A General Linux section would also be good. Newcomers to Linux from
other OS's might find the jump straight
into the linux audio world a bit strange as the terminology of linux
audio can be sometimes quite overwhelming,
some nice general linux introductions & linux HowTo's would be a
great welcome to our 64 studio world.

The idea was to do this with an online manual, but I'm also writing a
printed manual for Apress:

http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430218878

It's due out in mid 2009.

Cheers!

Daniel

I always thoroughly enjoy reading your tutorials and articles in the
linuxformat magazine,

so the book is on my shopping list. ;-)

Cheers!
dave.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:04 AM
dave

Hi Daniel,

Daniel James wrote:

Hi Dave,

I really miss the Recent Posts on the 64studio.com site.

Could we have a Recent Posts/Active Posts "link" on the forum page
instead?

Here you go:

http://www.64studio.com/forum

WoW! Daniel Thanks!... The changes were happening as I was on the
forum. Very nice indeed :-)

The Forum is looking and working nice here. The Recent Posts section
would be nice integrated into the
top of the page so you get access to it when you open the Forum page but
this is only a minor issue.

Once you read through a page/thread you have to scroll back to the top
to return back to the forum main page.

Could this link be at the Top and the bottom of the page?

Home Forums

A few more user friendly modifications would also be very nice,
e.g. Some statistics at the bottom of the page about the most recent
user to register on the forum,

who is online at the present time etc.,

Good idea, I've added those.

Very nice it helps a lot to see who is new on the forum.
Another request would be for a "quote" box as this could also be used to
enter "Code" examples,

and keep it separated from the main text of the post.