Old 02-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Jaromír Mikeš

Default 64studio 3.0 software wishlist

Hi,

I had a problem to install ati proprietary driver recently with rt kernel.

http://www.64studio.com/node/150

I don't know if this problem still persist, if yes it would be nice to have easy to install ati proprietary driver.

Cheers

mira

Old 03-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Grammostola Rosea

Ketil Thorgersen wrote:
> Thanks man!
>
> Grammostola Rosea skrev:

>> I think 64studio should have the latest Lilypond!
>>
>> There seems to be a package of Frescobaldi for Ubuntu:
>>
>> Alternatively, I've been working on setting up an Ubuntu PPA (personal
>> package archive) that contains Frescobaldi. While I have been told that
>> Frescobaldi will likely be included in Ubuntu Jaunty, I'm planning to
>> always have the most recent version available in this archive. I also
>> provide the latest version of LilyPond (currently 2.12.1 - I haven't
>> been able to get a 2.12.2 package to compile because of documentation
>> issues that I believe are fixed in git), since LilyPond releases occur
>> much more frequently than Ubuntu ones.
>>
>> You can access the PPA by going to the following address:
>>
>> https://launchpad.net/~csnyder/+archive/ppa
>>
>> That page also gives instructions for adding it to your sources.list.
>>
>> If anyone does use this archive, I'd appreciate feedback. Thanks.

>> The nice thing of having LMMS installed is that you also can use the
>> samples and instruments of it with Qtractor or another app

>>> As being said, I can imagine that you can't include all the
>>> packages. If so then it would be very nice if recent versions of
>>> those packages are in your repo's, so it will be pretty easy to
>>> install those apps by the users...

I forgot to list the great metronome for Jack, Klick and/ or with the
gui gtklick. The best metronome I know for Linux.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Grammostola Rosea

Ketil Thorgersen wrote:
> Thanks man!
>
> Grammostola Rosea skrev:

>> I think 64studio should have the latest Lilypond!
>>
>> There seems to be a package of Frescobaldi for Ubuntu:
>>
>> Alternatively, I've been working on setting up an Ubuntu PPA (personal
>> package archive) that contains Frescobaldi. While I have been told that
>> Frescobaldi will likely be included in Ubuntu Jaunty, I'm planning to
>> always have the most recent version available in this archive. I also
>> provide the latest version of LilyPond (currently 2.12.1 - I haven't
>> been able to get a 2.12.2 package to compile because of documentation
>> issues that I believe are fixed in git), since LilyPond releases occur
>> much more frequently than Ubuntu ones.
>>
>> You can access the PPA by going to the following address:
>>
>> https://launchpad.net/~csnyder/+archive/ppa
>>
>> That page also gives instructions for adding it to your sources.list.
>>
>> If anyone does use this archive, I'd appreciate feedback. Thanks.

>> The nice thing of having LMMS installed is that you also can use the
>> samples and instruments of it with Qtractor or another app

whysynth seems to be a good dssi plugin:

http://www.smbolton.com/whysynth.html

Old 03-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Grammostola Rosea

Old 03-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Ketil Thorgersen

Hi!

I would like to see guitarix and freeverb3

Ketil

Old 03-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Ketil Thorgersen

Old 03-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Grammostola Rosea

Ketil Thorgersen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to see guitarix and freeverb3

Guitarix is heavily in development so maybe Rakarrack is a better
candidate for 64studio right now as it comes to guitar effect
processing. Al though it would be nice if guitarix will be in the repo..

Old 03-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Grammostola Rosea

Old 03-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Grammostola Rosea

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> Ketil Thorgersen wrote:
>
>> Thanks man!
>>
>> Grammostola Rosea skrev:

>>> I think 64studio should have the latest Lilypond!
>>>
>>> There seems to be a package of Frescobaldi for Ubuntu:
>>>
>>> Alternatively, I've been working on setting up an Ubuntu PPA (personal
>>> package archive) that contains Frescobaldi. While I have been told that
>>> Frescobaldi will likely be included in Ubuntu Jaunty, I'm planning to
>>> always have the most recent version available in this archive. I also
>>> provide the latest version of LilyPond (currently 2.12.1 - I haven't
>>> been able to get a 2.12.2 package to compile because of documentation
>>> issues that I believe are fixed in git), since LilyPond releases occur
>>> much more frequently than Ubuntu ones.
>>>
>>> You can access the PPA by going to the following address:
>>>
>>> https://launchpad.net/~csnyder/+archive/ppa
>>>
>>> That page also gives instructions for adding it to your sources.list.
>>>
>>> If anyone does use this archive, I'd appreciate feedback. Thanks.

>>> The nice thing of having LMMS installed is that you also can use the
>>> samples and instruments of it with Qtractor or another app

> whysynth seems to be a good dssi plugin:
>
> http://www.smbolton.com/whysynth.html

Here is a whysynth Debian package, in the Musix repo:

ftp://musix.ourproject.org/pub/musix/deb/

There is also rakarrack (bit outdated), some other dssi-plugins like ghostess, horgand and Jamin presets and more... I think some are outdated but maybe it is easy to rebuild it to a more recent version?

Old 03-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Grammostola Rosea