FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > 64 Studio > 64 Studio Developer

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Grammostola Rosea
 
Default 64studio 3.0 software wishlist

I wish:


- solfege (excellent music theory/ eduction software)
- Impro-Visor (music composition application, for any music style, but
especially for Jazz)
- frescobaldi (Nice lilypond editor)
- Jedit with Lilypondtool (nice lilypond editor)
- tuxguitar (for making guitar tablature)
- Ardour with LV2, VST (FST)
- LMMS
- Lv2 plugins
- Jconv
- rakkarack
- guitarix



The last time I installed 64studio, there where some metapackages,
right? So if you want to remove a package of 64studio, you had to remove
some more. Or when you wanted to install some, you got to install more.
If so, it would be nice to have more freedom to install every app which
is wanted, without having to remove or install other apps..

Regards,


_______________________________________________
64studio-devel mailing list
64studio-devel@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-devel
 
Old 02-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Grammostola Rosea
 
Default 64studio 3.0 software wishlist

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> I wish:
>
>
> - solfege (excellent music theory/ eduction software)
> - Impro-Visor (music composition application, for any music style, but
> especially for Jazz)
> - frescobaldi (Nice lilypond editor)
> - Jedit with Lilypondtool (nice lilypond editor)
> - tuxguitar (for making guitar tablature)
> - Ardour with LV2, VST (FST)
> - LMMS
> - Lv2 plugins
> - Jconv
> - rakkarack
> - guitarix
>
>
>
edit:

- notation editor (nted or musescore)
- Linuxsampler (Fantasia)
- Jost

other:
- wicd (networkmanager)
- Opensuse gnome menu
_______________________________________________
64studio-devel mailing list
64studio-devel@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-devel
 
Old 02-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Grammostola Rosea
 
Default 64studio 3.0 software wishlist

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>
>> I wish:
>>
>>
>> - solfege (excellent music theory/ eduction software)
>> - Impro-Visor (music composition application, for any music style, but
>> especially for Jazz)
>> - frescobaldi (Nice lilypond editor)
>> - Jedit with Lilypondtool (nice lilypond editor)
>> - tuxguitar (for making guitar tablature)
>> - Ardour with LV2, VST (FST)
>> - LMMS
>> - Lv2 plugins
>> - Jconv
>> - rakkarack
>> - guitarix
>>
>>
>>
>>
> edit:
>
> - notation editor (nted or musescore)
> - Linuxsampler (Fantasia)
> - Jost
>
> other:
> - wicd (networkmanager)
> - Opensuse gnome menu
> _______________________________________________
>
>
edit:
lv2:
calf plugins
zynjacku
zyn
Ingen
SWH

gtk-recordmydesktop

remove pulseaudio?

_______________________________________________
64studio-devel mailing list
64studio-devel@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-devel
 
Old 02-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Grammostola Rosea
 
Default 64studio 3.0 software wishlist

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>
>> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>>
>>
>>> I wish:
>>>
>>>
>>> - solfege (excellent music theory/ eduction software)
>>> - Impro-Visor (music composition application, for any music style, but
>>> especially for Jazz)
>>> - frescobaldi (Nice lilypond editor)
>>> - Jedit with Lilypondtool (nice lilypond editor)
>>> - tuxguitar (for making guitar tablature)
>>> - Ardour with LV2, VST (FST)
>>> - LMMS
>>> - Lv2 plugins
>>> - Jconv
>>> - rakkarack
>>> - guitarix
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> edit:
>>
>> - notation editor (nted or musescore)
>> - Linuxsampler (Fantasia)
>> - Jost
>>
>> other:
>> - wicd (networkmanager)
>> - Opensuse gnome menu
>> _______________________________________________
>>
>>
>>
> edit:
> lv2:
> calf plugins
> zynjacku
> zyn
> Ingen
> SWH
>
> gtk-recordmydesktop
>
> remove pulseaudio?
>
>
edit:

- jack2 (?!?!)
- alsaplayer (runs perfectly with jack!!)
- jackmixer (jack_mixer)



_______________________________________________
64studio-devel mailing list
64studio-devel@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-devel
 
Old 02-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Daniel James
 
Default 64studio 3.0 software wishlist

Hi Rosea,

Thanks for the wishlists, we already have linuxsampler but not most of
the other packages yet.

> - jack2 (?!?!)

Yes, we have tested Jack 2 prelease (1.8) in Transmission and found it
to be very good.

It's becoming really important to have multiple processor core support.
The new Intel Core i7 chips have four cores with hyper threading, so
that's a bit like an 8-way SMP machine:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Core_i7

Cheers!

Daniel
_______________________________________________
64studio-devel mailing list
64studio-devel@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-devel
 
Old 02-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Grammostola Rosea
 
Default 64studio 3.0 software wishlist

Daniel James wrote:
> Hi Rosea,
>
> Thanks for the wishlists, we already have linuxsampler but not most of
> the other packages yet.
>
I can imagine you can't include all the packages. But maybe that's why I
suggested (in another thread on 64studio-user) to make a 64studio
edition specialized on music, so you also have the space to include more
applications to make music with. Ok you can implement a graphic app
(gimp) and a video app (xjadeo, kdenlive) too, but more in not needed
for a (recording) musician.

For graphics and video, you could make a debian or ubuntu metapackages,
which make it possible to install all those packages with one command...

Regards,





_______________________________________________
64studio-devel mailing list
64studio-devel@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-devel
 
Old 02-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Grammostola Rosea
 
Default 64studio 3.0 software wishlist

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>>
>>> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>>>
>>>> I wish:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> - solfege (excellent music theory/ eduction software)
>>>> - Impro-Visor (music composition application, for any music style,
>>>> but especially for Jazz)
>>>> - frescobaldi (Nice lilypond editor)
>>>> - Jedit with Lilypondtool (nice lilypond editor)
>>>> - tuxguitar (for making guitar tablature)
>>>> - Ardour with LV2, VST (FST)
>>>> - LMMS
>>>> - Lv2 plugins
>>>> - Jconv
>>>> - rakkarack
>>>> - guitarix
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>> edit:
>>>
>>> - notation editor (nted or musescore)
>>> - Linuxsampler (Fantasia)
>>> - Jost
>>>
>>> other:
>>> - wicd (networkmanager)
>>> - Opensuse gnome menu

The Opensuse gnome main menu, is useful to display all the little linux
audio apps nicely (also for newbies) without having a cluttered and very
long list in the menu. Also it make it possible to select favorite apps
in the menu, which is handy when you know which apps you like and uses
the most. You can put jack and ardour as favorites in the menu for
example....



>>> _______________________________________________
>>>
>>>
>> edit:
>> lv2:
>> calf plugins
>> zynjacku
>> zyn
>> Ingen
>> SWH
>>
>> gtk-recordmydesktop
It makes it possible for people to post video howto's. So it stimulates
the community to share knowledge in a visual way....



>>
>> remove pulseaudio?
In my experience pulseaudio, makes the sound system even more complex,
especially for musicians who uses Jack....




>>
>>
> edit:
>
> - jack2 (?!?!)
> - alsaplayer (runs perfectly with jack!!)
> - jackmixer (jack_mixer)
>
>
>
>

_______________________________________________
64studio-devel mailing list
64studio-devel@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-devel
 
Old 02-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Grammostola Rosea
 
Default 64studio 3.0 software wishlist

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>
>> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>>
>>> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> I wish:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> - solfege (excellent music theory/ eduction software)
>>>>> - Impro-Visor (music composition application, for any music style,
>>>>> but especially for Jazz)
>>>>> - frescobaldi (Nice lilypond editor)
>>>>> - Jedit with Lilypondtool (nice lilypond editor)
>>>>> - tuxguitar (for making guitar tablature)
>>>>> - Ardour with LV2, VST (FST)
>>>>> - LMMS
>>>>> - Lv2 plugins
>>>>> - Jconv
>>>>> - rakkarack
>>>>> - guitarix
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>> edit:
>>>>
>>>> - notation editor (nted or musescore)
>>>> - Linuxsampler (Fantasia)
>>>> - Jost
>>>>
>>>> other:
>>>> - wicd (networkmanager)
>>>> - Opensuse gnome menu
>>>>
>
> The Opensuse gnome main menu, is useful to display all the little linux
> audio apps nicely (also for newbies) without having a cluttered and very
> long list in the menu. Also it make it possible to select favorite apps
> in the menu, which is handy when you know which apps you like and uses
> the most. You can put jack and ardour as favorites in the menu for
> example....
>
>
>
>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>> edit:
>>> lv2:
>>> calf plugins
>>> zynjacku
>>> zyn
>>> Ingen
>>> SWH
>>>
>>> gtk-recordmydesktop
>>>
> It makes it possible for people to post video howto's. So it stimulates
> the community to share knowledge in a visual way....
>
>
>
>
>>> remove pulseaudio?
>>>
> In my experience pulseaudio, makes the sound system even more complex,
> especially for musicians who uses Jack....
>
>
>
>
>
>>>
>>>
>> edit:
>>
>> - jack2 (?!?!)
>> - alsaplayer (runs perfectly with jack!!)
>> - jackmixer (jack_mixer)
>>
>>
>>
>>
As being said, I can imagine that you can't include all the packages. If
so then it would be very nice if recent versions of those packages are
in your repo's, so it will be pretty easy to install those apps by the
users...


_______________________________________________
64studio-devel mailing list
64studio-devel@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-devel
 
Old 02-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Daniel James
 
Default 64studio 3.0 software wishlist

Hi Rosea,

>>>> gtk-recordmydesktop
>>>>
>> It makes it possible for people to post video howto's. So it stimulates
>> the community to share knowledge in a visual way....

I've tested this package, nice to see it supports Jack. I've added it to
the makefile for inclusion in 3.0 beta3.

Cheers!

Daniel
_______________________________________________
64studio-devel mailing list
64studio-devel@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-devel
 
Old 02-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Grammostola Rosea
 
Default 64studio 3.0 software wishlist

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>> I wish:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> - solfege (excellent music theory/ eduction software)
>>>>>> - Impro-Visor (music composition application, for any music style,
>>>>>> but especially for Jazz)
>>>>>> - frescobaldi (Nice lilypond edito
>>>>>>
I think 64studio should have the latest Lilypond!

There seems to be a package of Frescobaldi for Ubuntu:

Alternatively, I've been working on setting up an Ubuntu PPA (personal
package archive) that contains Frescobaldi. While I have been told that
Frescobaldi will likely be included in Ubuntu Jaunty, I'm planning to
always have the most recent version available in this archive. I also
provide the latest version of LilyPond (currently 2.12.1 - I haven't
been able to get a 2.12.2 package to compile because of documentation
issues that I believe are fixed in git), since LilyPond releases occur
much more frequently than Ubuntu ones.

You can access the PPA by going to the following address:

https://launchpad.net/~csnyder/+archive/ppa

That page also gives instructions for adding it to your sources.list.

If anyone does use this archive, I'd appreciate feedback. Thanks.



>>>>>> - Jedit with Lilypondtool (nice lilypond editor)
>>>>>> - tuxguitar (for making guitar tablature)
>>>>>> - Ardour with LV2, VST (FST)
>>>>>> - LMMS
>>>>>> - Lv2 plugins
>>>>>> - Jconv
>>>>>> - rakkarack
>>>>>> - guitarix
>>>>>>
The nice thing of having LMMS installed is that you also can use the
samples and instruments of it with Qtractor or another app

>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>> edit:
>>>>>
>>>>> - notation editor (nted or musescore)
>>>>> - Linuxsampler (Fantasia)
>>>>> - Jost
>>>>>
>>>>> other:
>>>>> - wicd (networkmanager)
>>>>> - Opensuse gnome menu
>>>>>
>>>>>
>> The Opensuse gnome main menu, is useful to display all the little linux
>> audio apps nicely (also for newbies) without having a cluttered and very
>> long list in the menu. Also it make it possible to select favorite apps
>> in the menu, which is handy when you know which apps you like and uses
>> the most. You can put jack and ardour as favorites in the menu for
>> example....
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>> edit:
>>>> lv2:
>>>> calf plugins
>>>> zynjacku
>>>> zyn
>>>> Ingen
>>>> SWH
>>>>
>>>> gtk-recordmydesktop
>>>>
>>>>
>> It makes it possible for people to post video howto's. So it stimulates
>> the community to share knowledge in a visual way....
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>>> remove pulseaudio?
>>>>
>>>>
>> In my experience pulseaudio, makes the sound system even more complex,
>> especially for musicians who uses Jack....
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>> edit:
>>>
>>> - jack2 (?!?!)
>>> - alsaplayer (runs perfectly with jack!!)
>>> - jackmixer (jack_mixer)
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
> As being said, I can imagine that you can't include all the packages. If
> so then it would be very nice if recent versions of those packages are
> in your repo's, so it will be pretty easy to install those apps by the
> users...
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> 64studio-devel mailing list
> 64studio-devel@lists.64studio.com
> http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-devel
>
>

_______________________________________________
64studio-devel mailing list
64studio-devel@lists.64studio.com
http://lists.64studio.com/mailman/listinfo/64studio-devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:34 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org