-   64 Studio Developer (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-developer/)
-   -   Getting ATI cards working on 64 Studio 2.0 (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-developer/22131-getting-ati-cards-working-64-studio-2-0-a.html)

Michael Pacey 12-24-2007 12:14 AM

Getting ATI cards working on 64 Studio 2.0

Hi,

Getting my laptop's radeon card working on 64 Studio has never been
plug'n'play with 64 Studio but tonight I installed 2.0 and I couldn't
even get any display at all.

I read various posts by frustrated users but nothing that seemed like a
satisfactory solution. Eventually I managed to get the proprietary ATI
drivers to build by changing the MODULE_LICENSE string to GPL.

This is probably naughty but it works. I've posted the process on the
forum in the hope that it helps someone:

http://www.64studio.com/node/150#comment-1148

Cheers.
--
Michael Pacey