Old 12-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Chris Whitehouse

Default which repositories for upgrade to testing?

The upgrade instructions http://www.64studio.com/upgrade say to
uncomment deb http://apt.64studio.com/64studio/testing 64studio main

Does this mean I must only have this repository uncommented? What
happens if I have stable uncommented as well?

thanks

Chris

Old 12-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Free Ekanayaka

Hi,

|--==> Chris Whitehouse writes:

CW> The upgrade instructions http://www.64studio.com/upgrade say to
CW> uncomment deb http://apt.64studio.com/64studio/testing 64studio main

CW> Does this mean I must only have this repository uncommented? What
CW> happens if I have stable uncommented as well?

It shouldn't harm.

Ciao!

Free

Old 12-14-2007, 04:16 PM
"Daniel James"

Hi Chris,

> The upgrade instructions http://www.64studio.com/upgrade say to
> uncomment deb http://apt.64studio.com/64studio/testing 64studio main
>
> Does this mean I must only have this repository uncommented?

Yes, that's all you need to follow the testing branch.

> What
> happens if I have stable uncommented as well?

It shouldn't do any harm, because the stable packages will be older, so
they won't get selected at upgrade time. I would recommend you comment it
out (or uncheck it in Synaptic), just for the sake of simplicity.

Cheers!

Daniel