Old 12-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Chris Whitehouse

Default #391: flashplugin-nonfree doesn't install anymore

64 Studio wrote:
> #391: flashplugin-nonfree doesn't install anymore
> -------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
> Reporter: qharley@wbs.co.za | Owner: free
> Type: defect | Status: new
> Component: build | Version: 2.0
> Severity: critical | Keywords:
> -------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
> It's complaining about a MD5 checksum. Did not have this before, did some
> research and apparently flashplugin-nonfree has to be updated, because
> Adobe has updated their flash player?
>
> Reported by Takabuntu on the forums http://www.64studio.com/node/45

I don't know if this is any help, I fixed this problem on a freebsd box
(which uses the same linux flashplugin). I think the fix will be the
same but I don't know where the relevant bits are in 64studio. I
manually downloaded
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/
install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz which has changed size recently. I
updated the md5 and sha256 checksums and the filesize in a local file
where it is recorded - I don't know where this info is held in 64studio.
I also had to find flashplayer.xpt which I did by installing flash 7 and
copying flashplayer.xpt to my flash 9 installation directory. With those
two changes I was able to install it and it seems to work.

Chris