Old 07-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Gustin Johnson

Default Compiling kernel modules version mismatch - line6usb

This is only a guess, but there have been some significant changes to
the kernel since 2.6.18. Perhaps the line6 driver needs to reflect
these changes?

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1937278&group_id=200399& atid=973346

| Note: I also asked this on the forum (http://64studio.com/node/630)
- -- and they

Old 07-07-2008, 02:13 PM
"Gabriel M. Beddingfield"

Hi Gustin,

Gustin Johnson wrote:

> This is only a guess, but there have been some significant changes to
> the kernel since 2.6.18. Perhaps the line6 driver needs to reflect
> these changes?

Thanks for the input. It compiled clean, though. If the API changed, I would
expect to see at least one compiler warning. Also, the maintainer has reported
tests and fixes for up to 2.6.23.

Searching the internet, this error either comes from compiling against the wrong
headers, or a compiler version mismatch. I searched the archives for this list,
and someone else seemed to run in to this with a compiler version issue
(gcc-4.0/gcc-4.1). gcc-4.0 is no longer in the apt repositories, though... and
I'm guessing 2.6.21-1-multimedia-486 was compiled with gcc-4.0.

Any idea where I can find a copy of the gcc-4.0 packages... or would it be
easier to recompile my kernel with gcc-4.1?

Thanks,
Gabriel