Old 07-03-2008, 06:25 AM
Quentin Harley

Default Reaper installation on 64 Studio: Final

[NOYX] wrote:
> worked for me :]
> -thank you very much Quentin!

Great, thanks for testing.
How To is going on line...

http://www.64studio.com/node/636

Cheers,
Quentin

Old 07-03-2008, 06:25 AM
Quentin Harley

Old 07-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Quentin Harley wrote:
> [NOYX] wrote:
>
>> worked for me :]
>> -thank you very much Quentin!
>>

> Great, thanks for testing.
> How To is going on line...
>
> http://www.64studio.com/node/636
>
> Cheers,
> Quentin

No there is missing a package named "winbind", it's not in the repositories.

I got REAPER running. Tested audio out, MIDI in and MIDI out, without
taking care if it's RT or not, but as far as I tested this, REAPER is
fine. I guess I missed 1/48 quantize.

I'll sent a report to the users list, I don't think it will came through
the dev list, because I'm not subscribed to it.

Using the repository for Lenny, wine is fine, excepted the internet,
believing what wine says.

Thank you Quentin. Because I can't test REAPER now, I hope there will be
a way to do this in more than 30 days, without having to much work. It's
only 31,71 EUR, but I have to buy a new hard disk before I can test it
and I won't pay for REAPER without testing it. If I will be fine with
it, I think I will buy a licence this year, even if it seems not as good
as the software I'm accustomed, it might be the best Linux DAW as long
as Ardour don't supports MIDI in the stable versions or Rosegarden get
some basic features, like muting segments.

I need new closes, a new graphics card, a visit to the ophthalmologist,
no problem with living by having defect furniture etc., but to get Linux
run is very expensive and I need all that stuff to survive, like closes,
too.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Quentin Harley

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Quentin Harley wrote:
>
>> [NOYX] wrote:
>>

>>> worked for me :]
>>> -thank you very much Quentin!
>>>

>> Great, thanks for testing.
>> How To is going on line...
>>
>> http://www.64studio.com/node/636
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Quentin
>>

> No there is missing a package named "winbind", it's not in the repositories.

winbind is here
deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main

Activate the security repository in synaptic, and install.

> I got REAPER running. Tested audio out, MIDI in and MIDI out, without
> taking care if it's RT or not, but as far as I tested this, REAPER is
> fine. I guess I missed 1/48 quantize.
>

> Thank you Quentin. Because I can't test REAPER now, I hope there will be
> a way to do this in more than 30 days, without having to much work.

That's the thing. You don't "have" to do it, because Reaper will
continue to work. It is the "right thing to do" however, if you do use it.

Cheers,
Quentin

Old 07-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Quentin Harley wrote:
> Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> Quentin Harley wrote:

>>> Great, thanks for testing.
>>> How To is going on line...
>>>
>>> http://www.64studio.com/node/636
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Quentin
>>>

>> No there is missing a package named "winbind", it's not in the
>> repositories.
>>

> winbind is here
> deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main
>
> Activate the security repository in synaptic, and install.

No need to do this, because I installed Lenny's wine and wineasio is
fine with it, see the report.

>> I got REAPER running. Tested audio out, MIDI in and MIDI out, without
>> taking care if it's RT or not, but as far as I tested this, REAPER is
>> fine. I guess I missed 1/48 quantize.
>>

>> Thank you Quentin. Because I can't test REAPER now, I hope there will be
>> a way to do this in more than 30 days, without having to much work.
>
> That's the thing. You don't "have" to do it, because Reaper will
> continue to work. It is the "right thing to do" however, if you do
> use it.

After testing it, I will get a license, if I'm fine with REAPER, but I
installed it right now, just to test the howto, so I need more than 30
days. Maybe I'm not fine with REAPER and maybe I will test it for more
than 30 days. I don't know. I tested Cubase as a crack, before I get a
licensed version. It's a pity that there is no way to test energyXT2.
They only have a free demo version, that can't be seriously taken to
test it. Also it's relevant that there is one version of a program and
two prices for the licence. One for private and another for professional
use. Many people would buy professional software instead of using
cracks, if vendors would do it like it is done for REAPER. Today it
isn't as worth, as it was in the 80th. In the 80th it was possible to
buy software that won't work and in Germany there was no right to get
your money back.